Surface Transforms is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of carbon-ceramic brake discs, supplying to automotive manufacturers across the world as a 1st and 2nd tier supplier.As part of our continuing expansion, we are looking to recruit a Quality Technician to join our Quality Team at our site on Knowsley Industrial Estate. You will be joining a dynamic team, with opportunities to make an impact in all areas of the business and the ability to make the job your own. The role will include extensive training on inspection methods, measurement systems analysis and statistical process control.
Position: Permanent (following 6 month probation)
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Location: Knowsley Industrial Estate, Knowsley, L337UF
Hours of work: 8-17 Mon-Thu, 8-14:30 Fri (Some flexibility)
- Inspect incoming goods to existing measurement processes and sample plans.
- Develop and assess new measurement procedures and sample plans.
Essential Skills (Minimum Skill Requirements):
- Experience working in a component manufacturing environment.
- Experience of measurement of dimensional properties (e.g. verniers, micrometers).
- Ability to analyse information (including numerical) and interpret trends.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with non-conformance or 8D.
- Experience developing new measurement processes.
- Experience of use of a CMM.
- Experience of measurement of material properties.
- Experience establishing sample plans.
- Experience of Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Competency in Minitab.
- Competency in SAP Business One.
Surface Transforms is not looking to work with agencies on this role at this time.
- Data Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job