An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quality Technician to work in a rewarding role based in the county Durham area. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Hourly patrol inspection of all relevant product (including moulding, assembly and finished product) ensuring compliance to customer specification.
- Control of non-conforming product - quarantine / hold labels, red reject and yellow hold bins.
- A QA team member involved in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions for any non-conformances that may arise either internally or at customer.
- Ensure first off / last off inspections are carried out and measurement reports produced. Advise Quality Engineer of any out of specification measurements and highlight on report.
- Incoming Inspection of sub-assembly parts and products from sub-contractors, complete inspection report on results.
- Assist in any inspections (containment, new part introduction) on site or at Customer as required and keep records.
- Carry out product audits as per schedule - minimum of 3 audits per month (ensuring all shifts are covered - morning shift, late shift and night shift). Complete audit report for review, highlight any areas of concern.
- Involved in training operators on quality requirements of products - knowledge of types of defects and cause of defects.
- Complete capability study and gauge R&R on products as requested.
- Raise quality alerts and incidents reports as required - ensure sign off within 48 hours and return to Quality Engineers.
- Ensure correct documentation is available at work stations - operating instructions, visual instructions, etc
- Ensure documentation revision is correct (latest revision) and is completed correctly.
- Ensure measurement equipment is calibrated and kept in good condition, reporting any defective / out of calibration equipment to Quality Engineers and placing in quarantine.
- Work with the shift supervisor to ensure operators are trained to complete the task allocated to them.
- Ensure that all scrap is recorded.
- Understand the importance of quality and production performance, the cost of quality and working towards zero defects at the customer.
- Maintain good level of housekeeping.
- Be approachable and promote good quality awareness, QA point of contact for the shop-floor.
- Out of hours QA point of contact for Customer.
- Attend meetings as required (internal and at Customer / Supplier).
- Attend internal and external training courses as required.
- Ensure that you and other employees work in line with company procedures.
- Any other reasonable task as requested by Management.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Officer to promote a safe working environment
- Be responsible for your own health & safety at work and other employees
- Ensure required PPE is worn at all times
- Report all accidents to the Health & Safety Officer and record detail in accident book