Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?Role description
We are a Centre of Excellence, so it goes without saying we take pride in what we do. As a specialist division of the firm’s Quality and Risk Management function we have a vital role to play. Supporting our client facing colleagues around the firm, we are a central resource responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance activities that are frequently sensitive in nature.
Join us and you’ll be joining an expanding team of talented, highly motivated people who are successfully making an impact that matters.Location
You will be based in the Quality and Risk team in our central Cardiff office.Hours
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.Responsibilities
- Engage with practitioners and partners to assist in meeting the security requirements of both the firm and its clients
- Monitor compliance of the firm’s security policies and identify themes, trends & causes of non-adherence
- Communicate regularly with the DBS team in London on progress, escalating issues as required
- Provide ongoing metrics and reporting on the teams processes to the DBS team in London and wider QRS community (e.g. compliance rates, emerging question trends)
- Ongoing review of team processes to ensure continuous improvement
- Assisting the wider team with general business security queries
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of the team’s processes and procedures
- Ad hoc support for strategic projects.
- Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service.
- Experience in information security is preferable
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships and manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work under own initiative but also a good team player
- Support the Assurance Plan service by managing the end-to-end process for Review & Testing. This includes:-
- Assume responsibility for resource scheduling, liaison with Internal Clients, SMEs & Security Testing teams, to support efficient & timely delivery of the service
- Be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities, & manage any required rescheduling activities
- Ensure that all activities are tracked and documented, and are available for any future audit actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as close attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to manage priorities under pressure, and escalate issues in a timely manner
- A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases
- Assist in triage of security-related Incidents and Service Requests, providing guidance on process and approvals and escalating where appropriate
From the start you will be hired as a permanent member of staff so we make a serious commitment to your future. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, a structured training and development plan and a raft of other perks and discounts. And we won’t just throw you in at the deep end. You’ll feel part of the team from day one. Our comprehensive induction and training programmes will give you the confidence to fly and our established network of 'buddies’ and mentors will be there to support and guide you every step of the way.You are here: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will be working in one of our centres of excellence as part of our growing deliver model. This is an initiative that ensures we have the right people, with the right skills working in the most appropriate locations. You will contribute to delivering the highest level of service and quality to our clients.
For full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 143380
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job