Quality Manager - Packaging
Location: North West - Manchester
Salary: £30-40K DOE
Benefits: Christmas Bonus + Company Pension
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5pm
Company: A flexible packaging client within a variety of markets including food and beverage and non-food.
The Quality Manager is responsible for the management of projects from artwork through to delivery to client. The candidate will also have overall responsibility for the quality systems employed by the company, therefore understanding of BRC/ ISO accreditations is needed. This also includes ensuring quality of manufactured products, checking incoming goods and production samples as well as ensuring all third-party sites are also compliant with accreditations.
- Maintain product, systems & audit requirements for BRC Agents
- Undertake Internal and External audits of systems, processes and Food Safety
- Have a clear understanding of current Regulations on plastics in contact with Food and apply HACCP, TACCP and VACCP principles
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of the Food Contact Regulations for Plastics and operate a Lab testing protocol with factories, in order to provide declaration of compliance
- Review all new product lines and versions for accuracy of the product specification
- Maintain or develop product coding, product spec sheet tracking and core packaging waste data.
- Create and maintain job folders, check that production samples remain without production errors
- Annual collation of data from the previous year’s trading and submitting a declaration of usage via a compliance scheme. Identifying any reasons for variation to trend and maintaining an explanatory users guide.
- Create product specification sheets for every product line and subsequent amendments / versions.
- Investigate, validate and address all customer complaints and undertake site visits where required. This includes inspection of faulty returned stock.
- Create non-conformance documentation and follow-up on all product & systems failures to identify the root cause and ensure corrective action undertaken has been effective. Initiate claim cost recovery from suppliers where required.
- Maintain supplier’s database to ensure all certification and testing etc. remains up to date and the relevant documents are held on file.
- Provide materials, print and logistics technical support to customers and sales team.
- Update/create unloading manifest for container and airfreight arrivals
- Undertake inspections
- Proven quality management experience within a packaging manufacturer / supplier
- Strong printing background, ideally with an understanding of Flexo and Gravure
- Knowledge of Flexible Packaging and film structures
- Experience and understanding of repro processes
- Fully conversant with X-rite and other colour management systems
- Artwork development and approval, including the ability to clearly understand technical drawings (cutters / key lines)
- International supply logistics
- Understanding of BRC and ISO quality systems
- Ability to undertake overseas and domestic travel where required
- Basic understanding of chemistry and laboratory testing of packaging and/or print
- Experience or knowledge of automated filling / packing line technology
- Ability to prioritise and work both independently and within a team
Please email your full CV details to us. All applications are strictly confidential, and your details will not be shared without your consent.
Key words; quality manager / quality / ISO / BRC / packaging / print / continuous improvement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'