Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are pleased to be working with the Sheffield site of a global manufacturing business who supply industries such as offshore oil and gas, defence, aerospace, and alternative energy markets.
Due to an internal promotion, the business are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Manager, who ideally has knowledge of metallurgy.
Reporting to the Quality Director, you will work closely with the Production and Engineering Departments to drive down the Cost of Quality through investigative research into root cause and the implementation of robust and sustainable process improvements.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage and set standards for product quality and the management of quality across the business.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards and legislation at both national and international level.
- Assess customer requirements and ensure compliance.
- Work with operating staff to establish processes, standards, systems and procedures.
- Represent the Quality Function within the Management team structure to identify improvement and ensure prompt implementation of identified actions.
- Determine training and development needs of the Quality team and the wider training requirements for the business with regard to quality.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality to maximise profitability.
- Gather, analyse, record and distribute statistical information with regard to quality and the quality management system.
- Represent the business and manage 3rd Party and Customer audit requirements.
- Represent the business in all Quality Related Customer and Supplier negotiations.
- Manage internal audit process.
- Advise the business on Metallurgical matters associated with Heat Treatment and the suitability of materials against both customer and internationally defined specifications.
- Monitoring the production line and doing periodic Quality Control checks
- Liaise with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers, including site visits for auditing and approval.
- Auditing materials provided by suppliers to assure quality before incorporation into the product.
- Investigating causes of quality problems and proposing solutions.
- Implementing improvements to production processes that lead to overall increases in product quality.
The business are looking for someone who has a proven track record of delivering improvements within the Quality function and be able to demonstrate effective management of personnel.
You will have the enthusiasm to continue the drive in improving existing Quality Standards within the business and have excellent communication skills at all levels to encourage participation
Your experienced will include:
- Strong experience in a Quality management role
- HNC in Engineering or Metallurgy preferred.
- Knowledge of the application and development of processes to international management system standards including ISO9001 2008/2015, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
- A background in technically engineered products
- Experience in engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Heavy manufacturing (Forging / machining) preferred.
- Ability to create and nurture a Team, providing sound leadership and decision making
- Knowledge and experience of LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies
- Qualified internal auditor with practical experience.
This is an exciting role working for a growing and well established business in Sheffield.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.