To lead the strategic performance of product quality, services, controls and relationship with all stakeholders.
- Lead Quality performance within product, service and supply. Ensuring the service areas and production; achieve the customer requirements across quality, cost and compliance.
- Manage and develop suppliers and contractors as required by business strategy.
- Manage customer liaison on quality objectives / concerns / audits and service requirements (SPC / PPAP / quality systems).
- Develop, implement and lead Quality and environmental policy and procedures to ensure retaining of the appropriate certifications. (TS16949 and the transition to IATF / IO14000).
- Lead improvements to ensure legal compliance and improvement in business performance.
- Financial budgeting, monitoring, control and reporting of key metrics including quality / service and cost.
- Tenacity in persistence of problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity in reviewing potential NPD / Process changes
- Discipline to record / adhere to process controls
- Charismatic (in dealing with customers / suppliers and leading change within the organisation)
Structure (Direct Reports):
- Senior Quality Engineer
- 3 Development Engineers
- 1 Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1 Warranty Engineer
- 1 Production Quality Engineer with 3 shift Technicians reporting.
Education / Experience
- Qualifications to Diploma / Degree in engineering
- Significant experience in managing manufacturing processes and improving both efficiency and capability (repeatability).
- An understanding of Technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to read, analyses, and interpret general business periodicals
- Capable of submission of reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers