To lead the strategic performance of product quality, services, controls and relationship with all stakeholders.
- Lead Quality performance within product, service and supply. Ensuring the service areas and production; achieve the customer requirements across quality, cost and compliance.
- Manage and develop suppliers and contractors as required by business strategy.
- Manage customer liaison on quality objectives / concerns / audits and service requirements (SPC / PPAP / quality systems).
- Develop, implement and lead Quality and environmental policy and procedures to ensure retaining of the appropriate certifications. (TS16949 and the transition to IATF / IO14000).
- Lead improvements to ensure legal compliance and improvement in business performance.
- Financial budgeting, monitoring, control and reporting of key metrics including quality / service and cost.
- Tenacity in persistence of problem resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity in reviewing potential NPD / Process changes
- Discipline to record / adhere to process controls
- Charismatic (in dealing with customers / suppliers and leading change within the organisation)
Structure (Direct Reports):
- Senior Quality Engineer
- 3 Development Engineers
- 1 Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
- 1 Warranty Engineer
- 1 Production Quality Engineer with 3 shift Technicians reporting.
Education / Experience
- Qualifications to Diploma / Degree in engineering
- Significant experience in managing manufacturing processes and improving both efficiency and capability (repeatability).
- An understanding of Technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to read, analyses, and interpret general business periodicals
- Capable of submission of reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job