Job Title :
Reporting to :
Key Responsibilities :
Responsible for the up keep and promotion of all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) throughout the organisation interacting with 3rd party auditors, customers and suppliers on quality improvement and ensuring the quality of all products and services provided
- In conjunction with Operations Director setting and delivering the quality policy and objectives, preparing reports to support on agreed basis.
- Leading the quality team ensuring it operates in line with company policy and procedures.
- Organising and leading relevant quality reviews on site as agreed with Operations Director and / or Board of Directors.
- Ensure effective quality controls for all aspects of the product conformity from PO receipt to dispatch. This will include a structured internal audit process for business (supporting environmental requirements as well as quality).
- Confirmation that QMS and EMS conforms with relevant international and customer standards and is fit for purpose.
- Interface with customers on quality requirements.
- Interface with suppliers on quality requirements.
- When necessary provide an interim and final inspection role.
- Lead and support all laboratory functions and activity within the business.
- Provide reports detailing the cost of quality and preventive solutions - using non-conformance reporting as basis for this.
- In conjunction with Customers, Suppliers and Internal departments, systematically investigate all causes of rework and rejects, document all root causes and ensure preventive measures and corrective actions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Lead and take ownership of continuous improvement activity within the business, being the focal point for improvement ideas and supporting the implementation of lean principles within the business.
- As part of site management team, achieve the operational objectives of business and where necessary support quality development throughout group.
- Work with the minimum amount of supervision while maintaining expected levels of productivity
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement program and lean manufacturing.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non value added activities
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work areas
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks dictated by your experience, changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.