About the Company: Our client is a well-established Engineering company based in Derby, who are looking for a Quality Manager to join the team on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities: Ability to use a variety of measures and management systems, such as total quality management.
Overall realisation of Quality procedures and looking for more efficient ways of conducting quality processes within the engineering environment.
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
Setting standards for quality and active within the health and safety policy and procedures of the business;
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards;
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitate 5s across the business
You will be a strong Communicator, persuasiveness, and interpersonal skills, problem solving, organising and planning.
Numerical and statistical ability, an aptitude for analysis, team working, appreciation of other quality disciplines within the engineering spectrum.
Good grammar, numeracy, comprehension and communication skills, gathering and sorting data, utilising computer applications, business documents and reports, being congenial, keeping records, being confidential, being professional and punctual, following and executing quality policies and objectives, being reasonable and dependable.
What's in it for you? This is a full time Permanent position. Salary will be up to £28,000 - £30,000 P/A depending on experience.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job