Brewster Pratap Engineering division are pleased to be working with a Sheffield based precision engineering business supplying to industries such as Aerospace and Automotive as they look to recruit a Quality Manager with a strong Continuous Improvement background.
This is a newly created position for the business and will see the chosen have the chance to build their own team as the role progresses and manage the quality clinic department.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of this position will be to facilitate the implementation of process preventive actions and improvements to support to the business coordinate a team that will drive and advance business process improvements, using a structured investigative process, putting in place processes that will yield maximum results.
The role will see the chosen candidate manage a Quality Clinic that has been established within the business for several years that deals with issues of non conformance with a view to establishing the route cause of issues and putting measures in place to make sure the fault doesn't come up again in future.
The specific duties of this position will include:
- Facilitation of 8D events following internal non-conformance issues, using a cross functional Quality Clinic Team.
- Setting, monitoring and escalation of Quality Clinic actions.
- Presentation of Quality Clinic KPIs to Business Unit teams and Management Team.
- Running improvement activities in line with agreed plans to ensure timescales and reductions in non-conformance are met
- Supporting other functions with improvement activities to achieve KPIs.
- Educating employees to ensure the successful implementation of a culture of preventive action and elimination through the deployment of Quality Clinic principles - potentially for issues other than product quality.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
The business are ideally looking for someone with:
- A significant level of practical Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing/Quality Engineering experience in similar industry (ideally Aerospace or other tightly regulated industries)
- Experience leading and facilitating Quality investigations using problem solving tools (eg 5-why, Ishikawa).
- Has the ability to plan and prioritise tasks, will anticipate potential problems or concerns that may arise then take appropriate actions for their quick resolution to ensure completion to agreed timescales.
- A good team worker who will positively accept or seek out new challenges within the functional role and embraces change positively.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a strong engineering team for a well established business who are experiencing a sustained period of growth.
They are looking for someone who can put a case to the management team for further headcount resource if required and to build a team around them.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job