Tensator is recognised as the global leader of Queue Management solutions and the inventor of the world leading retractable belt barrier - the Tensabarrier®.
Reporting to the CEO, the Quality Manager will be required to manage and develop, through continuous improvement, the quality systems within the Tensator Group and to co-ordinate all activities required to direct and control manufacturing and purchasing quality. In particular to review product quality requirements for individual clients and projects, to ensure those requirements are understood and implemented to manage the quality of manufactured items to meet the requirements of the contract specifications.
The Quality Manager will work closely with managers to create internal and external processes and procedures to create efficient operations and to ensure that these processes have been effectively communicated to relevant staff.
- Devise, establish and continually develop the Group's quality procedures, standards and specifications for staff to apply.
- Champion the development of a "quality comes first" culture. Communicate and share the Group’s quality policies and philosophy to key personnel and promote the awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the Group.
- Enhance and maintain controls and documentation procedures and implement them.
- Ensure that the set QA objectives and metrics are achieved.
- Collect and analyse customer performance data and implement improvement plans when required.
- Provide training/mentoring on the Group’s quality standards and requirements.
- Work with global purchasing team to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Encourage feedback from all employees on possible areas of improvement and investigating the benefit of any employee recommendations regarding quality matters.
- Use relevant quality tools and make sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding and experience of working with ISO9001/AS9100.
- 5 years+ experience of quality engineering within a manufacturing environment ideally SME based.
- Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of quality control activities.
- Computer literate.
- Achievement of or working towards professional quality qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effect change through people.
- Strength of character to effect and facilitate change through the senior management team.
- The ability to train and coach new/existing employees in quality improvement methods.
- Hands-on quality management experience.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Drives and influences a culture where the importance of quality and customer experience is advocated by all colleagues
- Identifies emerging risks and new QA requirements.
- Skills in numerical and statistical analysis.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- An understanding and appreciation of other people’s work disciplines.
- Problem solving ability.
- Organisational and planning skills.
** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES**
- Product Quality
- Quality Procedures
- ISO9001 Auditor
- Performance Improvement
- Production Processes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job