Lifeplan Products Ltd is one of the UK’s prominent manufacturers of vitamins and mineral supplements. We are proud to have been dedicated to bringing retailers and consumers the finest quality nutritional products for more than 30 years and manufactured in the UK by ourselves to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and under MHRA pharmaceutical license, with Soil Association and Kosher accreditation. Our products are sold in the UK via health stores and pharmacies and we export the Lifeplan brand to over 25 countries.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and diligent Quality Manager to oversee the QA/QC Department and to ensure that the company maintains a quality system that meets MHRA EU GMP, Food Law and Lifeplan’s quality requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and monitor the quality programs for compliance to all necessary regulatory codes, including, but not limited Directive 2001/83/EC
- Develop, implement and monitor the quality programs for compliance to all necessary third-party certifiers, including, but not limited to, Organic, non-GMO, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free, Trading Standards.
- Continually monitor and improve/streamline the current QMS system to ensure efficiency and compliance.
- Streamline and integrate processes and communication between production, sales and marketing in support of the company’s product development direction, timelines, budgets and overall sales revenue objectives.
- Complete gap analyses and lead continuous improvement plans
- Create, manage and monitor Quality KPIs for the business.
- Develop, implement and monitor and take the lead on HACCP in the Factory.
- Write and edit SOP’s and associated quality system documents
- Act as contact for all 3rd party certification audits.
- Manage internal quality audits of the factory.
- You will direct resolution to quality problems in the factory for branded and customer products.
- Collaborate with appropriate production/operation managers and quality personnel to solve quality issues and rework procedures.
- Aid and assist in consumer complaints as needed.
- Write Material Review Investigations and concessions as needed, to make Disposition Decisions.
- Establish, monitor and revise product specifications and lab testing reports.
- Create, reconstruct, approve and monitor BMRs.
- Measure and manage 3rd Party Vendor Quality Assurance
- Have an understanding and appreciation of Lifeplan regulatory requirements and be able to stand in for the Regulatory Manager if required.
- Management of the SOP training matrix for all staff.
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Experience in QMS management within a pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment.
- A degree in a science-based subject.
- Accuracy and Diligence
- Expert communicator oral and written.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and problem resolution
- Expert in Multitasking.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and can make decisions
- Quality System