Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Quality Manager will use their knowledge and skills to develop and implement the drive of a culture change within the Quality function, to ensure that a Quality mindset and Cost Of Poor Quality (COPQ) ethic is adopted throughout the business.
Quality Manager Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the design and maintenance of the QMS to ISO9001, and ensure the proper implementation of all quality plans and procedures.
- Take ownership and accountability, whilst driving continuous improvement of the Quality program and culture
- Manage all aspects of daily quality inspection duties
- Ensure all customer concerns are dealt with in a proper and efficient manner
- Review new standards and procedures to ensure quality compliance
- Develop department KPI's for the control of quality to ensure development plans are created and maintained
- Manage the team of quality professionals
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of a Quality Manager in a metals manufacturing environment
- Solid NDT knowledge
- ISO9001 Experience (Lead Auditor Preferred)
- Proven experience in driving changes and improvements
- Excellent man-management skills, empowering those around you
- Positive, friendly, driven attitude with an outgoing personality
- Able to communicate well with both shop floor and senior stakeholders alike.
This is an exciting opportunity for a progressive Quality Manager to join a business as it enters an exciting period.
Relevant job titles: Quality Manager, Head of Quality