Job title: Quality Manager
Hours: Mon - Fri: 8.00 - 4.30
A precision engineering manufacturing company with just a handful of employees. With recent acquisitions the company now employs some forty skilled engineers who have operated from larger modern premises since 1988. The Group has steadily grown and enhanced its reputation to become a global player in the supply of standard and specialised fastener tooling and dies, exporting to well over forty countries world-wide. We are now looking to expand our team.
First Line management role reporting to the General Manager. Must have previous knowledge and experience of maintaining Quality Management Systems ISO9001 & AS EN 9100. Hands on role carrying out Calibration, Final Audit Inspection of product. Implement Internal Auditing Programme in line with company quality system. Maintain KPI's, Quality - Cost - Delivery.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- Leading Management role in carrying out and maintaining the Company Calibration System and Internal Audit programme.
- Carry out various component verification using a comprehensive range of hand held measuring equipment. Also using Shadowgraphs, projectors and Non-Contacting Microscopic means via Vision System. Take "Casts" to measure internal characteristics.
- NCRs & CARs
- Interface of the shop floor & management - 70% Management / 30% Hands On
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar quality role within the automotive / aerospace supply chain in a Tier 1 supplier capacity (Advantageous)
- Be able to demonstrate successful introduction / maintenance of Quality Operating Systems ISO 9001 and AS EN9100. (Essential)
- Understanding of engineering drawings and understand dimensional characteristics, tolerances and metric / imperial units. (Essential)
- Background in Mechanical / Precision Engineering (Advantageous)
- Must be fully accomplished and experienced in the use of all types of measuring equipment, including the full range of micrometres, (internal, external, depth & bore micrometres - mechanical / digital) Vernier gauges in both Imperial and Metric units, use of plug gauges shadow graphs and non-contacting measuring equipment e.g. Vision / Keyance or similar. (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job