Our client is an established Tyne and Wear based company who are currently looking for a Quality Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. If you have an impressive background in Quality Management as well as experience overseeing health and safety this role could be ideal for you.
- Lead a team comprising Quality team and a Health & Safety Officer
- Provide leadership for the business regarding manufactured and assembled product Quality ensuring the continuous improvement of all processes across the company.
- Have the key responsibility for developing and implementing Quality Management Strategy and plans through quality policies, processes and practices.
- Develop the long and short term vision for cost and productivity improvements and make sure they are in line with company objectives.
- Ensure that all deadlines are planned for and met in respect of Auditing programmes in line with Quality systems.
- This will require effective team working with the functional departments and detailed knowledge of Company-wide metrics and the reporting requirements of each.
- Management of factory Quality Function.
- Ownership of internal audit process to assure effectiveness of Quality Assurance Systems
- Ensure that Quality Assurance documentation system provides organisation with up to date information.
- Lead activities relating to Product Quality in manufactured and assembled operations.
- Effectively resolve day to day Quality issues that arise in manufacturing in order to improve Quality and Customer Satisfaction through on time deliveries.
- Monitor the incoming inspection to assure the quality of incoming goods.
- Continuous improvement of Quality processes and initiatives.
- Provision of Quality data as appropriate to measure operations and implement recommendations in order to improve quality processes and achieve long term quality improvements.
- Maintain a trained workforce that is comfortable in the use of statistical process control and problem solving techniques in order to raise overall level of quality.
- Oversee complex PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) workshops.
- Drive Customer Quality and reduce internal scrap and customer returns.
- Manage Process improvement activities in order to improve the product quality and yield of manufacturing processes.
- Efficiently process and report back in response to customer concerns in order to determine root cause then plan and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop short and longer term vision for the site quality.
- Local leadership of Quality projects.
- Facilitates timely and effective auditing programme of the Quality Standards.
- The company’s compliance with current and forthcoming Health and Safety legislation - including accident reporting, Fire Regulations and COSHH.
- Accreditation to all relevant industry standards & ensuring compliance to Environmental legislation - including ISO14001
- Implements and monitors the company’s Health and Safety & Environmental Policy across the organisation, by ensuring that
- Direct support and leadership of the Health, Safety & Environmental requirements to all departments in provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Training needs for employees are met to maintain safe systems.
- Audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, identify and implement improvements are conducted regularly and consistently.
- Investigate and to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents are properly investigated and findings used as a basis for action to prevent a recurrence.
- A degree or equivalent in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline
- Extensive and thorough experience in a similar quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Extensive hands-on experience of quality management systems and quality techniques and/or methodologies
- Knowledge of quality standards and requirements
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills - characteristic of an inclusive but effective leadership style.
- The drive and determination to deliver top quality products and a service to be proud of.
- An analytical and methodical approach, there must a keen eye for detail and thorough but innovative problem solving ability.