Position: Quality Manager (SHEQ)
* You will need knowledge and experience of working with and maintaining management systems accredited to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS18001.
* The overall responsibilities of the Quality Manager are to ensure that processes needed for the Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented, maintained and continuously improved. To report to top management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement. To liaise with the external assessment body on all matters related to the external accreditation process.
* The role involves the creation, implementation and control of documented procedures and risk assessments to meet these standards. Also the preparation of customer documentation through management of a 'Document Controller' assistant.
* The role requires co-ordination of witness testing with Notified Bodies for product CE marking.
* You will be responsible for the quality of purchased and manufactured parts, supplier liaison and resolution of root causes and implementation of corrective action.
* You will co-ordinate and control outsourced calibration of test equipment, maintenance of manufacturing site equipment and building infrastructure.
* The Quality Manager will also have a Health and Safety function as the H&S responsible person for their manufacturing site and during the construction phase of off-site refuelling stations. Relevant experience and qualifications will be required.
You will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Essential Experience required:
* Solid track record of experience in a Quality Manager role or similar.
* Experienced H&S practitioner at an adequate level to be site responsible person.
* BEng or HND with a quality bias would be highly desirable.
* Chartered quality professional of the CQI (Chartered Quality Institute)
* NEBOSH General Certificate in H&S or IOSH equivalent.
* NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate or IEMA equivalent.
25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
Easy access location
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Quality Manager
- Health and Safety Manager
- QA Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job