Reed Scientific are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Manager to work within a worldwide leading supplier for the automotive industry. Our client continues to provide high quality products on a global scale reaching as far as Asia, Eastern Europe and South America.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the current QMS according to TS 16949. Further responsibilities include ensuring the laboratory conforms to regulatory standards such as REACH, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
• To apply total quality management / statistical tools and approaches to drive Quality Improvement within the Manufacturing Facility in line with company objectives
• Being a core member of the Operations Team communicating daily any issues arising from Customer and Internal processes
• You will be Customer facing and have APQP responsibility for nominated Customers. The role will also require you to provide manufacturing support for audits, improvement activities and monitoring.
• Solving problems with existing products.
• Attending technical meetings at customers.
• Attending customer application trials.
• Support activities at customers’ plants – intermittent customer visits on a technical basis.
• Participation within the structure of the Development and Customer Support Team
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Polymer Chemistry or related discipline.
• Chemical industry knowledge of processes and procedures.
• Experience in the Implementation and Development of ISO 14001, TS 16949 & ISO 9001 in a Chemical Manufacturing setting.
• Proven and extensive experience at a manufacturing facility.
• Good working knowledge of common automotive standards and quality documents such as 5Y, FMEA, 8D
• Understanding of statistical techniques for process control, manufactured variance, sample selection and calculation of predicted reliability performance.
• Management and team development experience essential.
• A proven track record in Problem Solving.
• Experience of working with automotive customers (Tier 1 and OEM).
• Experience of 6 Sigma or TQM with regards to continuous improvement.
• Experience with standard Microsoft packages.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job