Aerco Ltd is a stockist distributor of electrical components based near Horsham in West Sussex.
Due to planned forthcoming retirement of the incumbent we have a vacancy for the role of Quality Manager.
Candidates will have practical experience of designing and managing Quality systems under ISO9001 and AS9120 within the electro-mechanical components industry supported by suitable formal qualifications. They will be demonstrably familiar with the expectations and requirements of defence and aerospace supply chains, primarily within the UK but also extending to export markets including export licensing and importing under ITAR.
Benefits available include salary circa £40k pa., profit share scheme and pension.
Aerco Company Background
Units 16/17 Lawson Hunt Industrial Park
Horsham, RH12 3JR
Aerco ltd was formed in 1956 and is an independent stockist and distributor of electrical and electro-mechanical components. The company has important Franchised Distributor agreements with component manufacturers such as TT Electronics, Smiths Interconnect, Honeywell, Alpha Wire, TE Deutsch, Oxley Development. Our primary business customers are major manufacturers in the UK defence, Aerospace and Rail industries, including Leonardo, BAE Systems, General Dynamics, Babcock, Knorr-Bremse, Ultra Electronics. The business also has a production capability for small scale manufacturing and assembly of selected products. We have 1,500 active customers and our world-wide supply chain of includes approaching 500 suppliers.
The business currently makes sales of around £15m pa and employs 50 people. Financially the business is stable and strong.
Our Quality approvals include AS9120A (EN9120:2010), ISO9001:2008 and we hold a number of customer-sponsored approvals. Aerco is a member of the SC21 programme and hold the Bronze award.
Job Description Quality Manager
Scope: The Quality Manager develops and maintains Aerco's Quality System in accordance with our business needs, the requirements of the industry and the approval authorities. Working with all Aerco staff and interfacing with key staff among customers and suppliers, this role provides authority and instils confidence in Aerco by ensuring that Aerco delivers the right products to the customer's timescale requirements.
· Maintain Aerco's Quality System procedures and documentation in full and complete working order. Ensure that the company achieves and retains all relevant approvals and accreditations
· Manage a regular audit process to ensure that quality procedures are adhered to.
· Monitor the quality outcomes of Aerco activities and take the lead in promoting the elimination of causes of errors.
· Manage the quality interface with customers and suppliers. Monitor returns to ensure that they are dealt with promptly and to the satisfaction of all parties.
· Contribute to the development of company policies and procedures. Ensure they are implemented and appropriate records are kept.
· Establish inspection criteria and levels for all inspection activities and ensure the continuing competency of the inspection staff.
· Establish and maintain procedures to ensure Aerco monitors and adheres to relevant Government and International trading regulations
- Quality Management
- Quality Procedures
- Quality System
- ISO Certifications