We are actively seeking an experienced Quality Management Professional to join our client situated near Farnham, Surrey. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in an SME engineering, manufacturing environment with the flexibility to travel on an international basis from time to time. Reporting to the Finance Director you will take responsibility for the Quality Department at their facilities in Farnham/Bulgaria and be part of the International Management Team. As the Team is small the position will also support the Supply Chain and Operations Managers with their duties in areas of the job holder expertise and in times of peers being absent. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation that is experiencing a period of steady growth.
The industries that our client serves are highly regulated and require strict discipline and adherence to agreed manufacturing principles. A high degree of integrity will be required.
You must be committed to quality of output, on time delivery, efficiency, and continuous improvement and cost conscious. You must have clearly demonstrable experience of a similar role in a heavily regulated industry. Experience of small batch manufacture with rigorous traceability is essential. The role will afford plenty of freedom (with accountability).
- To make all companies compliant for the supply of nuclear products, most particularly the Quality System to NQA 1.
- To keep senior members of the Management team informed on critical issues that could affect the business and on where decisions need to be made.
- To maintain and continuously improve the Quality Management and Regulatory Compliance Systems throughout.
- Working with the Supply Chain Team to support the process of supplier selection, maintenance and approvals, establish and maintain supplier audit and development of programs to improve quality, OTD and save costs, includes support of maintaining supplier tooling held by suppliers that is owned
- Secure acceptable corrective and preventive actions from suppliers as a result of non-conformance, verifying that the supplier has adequately identified the root cause.
- Establish and maintain internal and supplier performance metrics in order to determine the quality performance and to recognise improvement opportunities.
- Support the investigation of customer complaints; to ensure that each event is promptly investigated with corrective action identified; to identify a course of action designed to accomplish a satisfactory resolution for both the customer and
- Establish and maintain internal audit programmes to ensure maintenance of the regulatory and quality systems including nuclear.
- To anticipate and meet new quality and regulatory developments affecting the business
- Support new product developments making sure that relative regulatory and quality requirements are taken account of and are clear at the front end of the project/process, and then throughout the design phases and into Production and then post launch. This could at times also include involvement with Engineering Change, FMEA, etc.
- The department is responsible for controlling and managing concessions, FAIR’s, define Inspection criteria, and processes ensuring that it is efficient, provide Quality Plans when required.
- To work with Supply Chain and Engineering to help create and implement Direct To Line supply for Production and Intercompany Materials/Products.
- Support inward missions and customer inspections
- Manage advice recall or major product/customer related incidents
- Lead quality improvement initiatives in the company
- Manage the customer concern and internal quality concern actions
- Excellent written and spoken English, good communication and presentation skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar Quality Assurance & Regulatory role.
- Be familiar in managing surveillance and compliance audits for company certification.
- Be a qualified Lead Auditor (CQI Membership) and familiar in scheduling/undertaking internal and external system audits, capable of monitoring corrective and preventive actions identified during audits, be able to provide support to process owners and where necessary facilitate gap analysis and support in implementation of remediation as required. And to then help in confirmation of effectiveness of the changes.
- Experience of successfully liaising with an external supply base.
- Be innovative and creative with regard to identifying solutions to problems and also improving existing systems and processes.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with others in the pursuit of goals.
- Be able to work with others, providing support and constructive ideas in addressing problems.
- Self-motivated and well organised Flexible and adaptable. Computer literate. Able to interact with customers in a manner that exceeds their expectations and delivers real customer service and provides fair and timely resolution to all complaints.
- Hold a driving license and be willing to travel abroad for up to two weeks per month
- A working knowledge and understanding of ISO9001
- Experience of working within a global supply base
- Hands on ability to develop individuals and a team approach
- A working knowledge and understanding of ATEX, ASME-NQA1, SIL and NEC-500