Quality Manager/Principal Quality Assurance Engineer, Plymouth, To £45 per hour
A long term contract opportunity exists for an experienced Quality Assurance Professional working within a defence establishment in Plymouth.
Main Purpose of Role
Establish an appropriate quality function for Strategic Infrastructure in consultation with the Head of Product Quality. To lead on the integration of Strategic Infrastructure into the existing BMS and working with key stakeholders to develop new processes as appropriate.
Principal tasks and responsibilities to include:
- Implementation of appropriate management arrangements
- Production of monthly quality data for management reviews in conjunction with the respective Project Teams.
- Management and investigation of customer, project and supplier quality concerns
- Management of the Strategic Infrastructure Quality function
- Provision of quality support for infrastructure facilities projects
- Manage the internal and external audit team/schedule
- Represent the Head of Product Quality in Strategic Infrastructure forums
- Leading and facilitating Continuous Improvement activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working in Quality Management, ideally within a `start-up` environment. Excellent communication skills are essential as is experience of working with stakeholders to develop quality management arrangements.
- Knowledge of Defence Quality management requirements
- Knowledge of Facilities quality management
- Knowledge of Defence Quality standards and requirements
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Understanding of lean management practices and principles
- Experienced auditor
- Holding or working towards a recognised professional qualification in quality management.
- HNC or equivalent in Engineering based qualification preferred
- Certified Lead Auditor.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Quality Assurance
- Lead Auditor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'