Quality is at the heart of all we do and we are now looking for a skilled Quality Manager to work with our talented team of Inspectors and Engineers at our Gloucester site - supporting the company's commitment to maintaining production quality and excellence.
Founded in 1898, Poeton Industries are the UK's leading experts in surface engineering. We provide a complete range of surface treatments, including our unique range of proprietary Apticote solutions, to customers worldwide supporting some of the biggest names in the aerospace, defence, oil, medical and automotive industries. Poeton prides itself on being a local employer of choice, enabling employees to develop their careers in Surface Engineering and Surface Treatment Technologies, working as part of a growing multi-site company that is expanding into Europe.
The role of the Quality Manager is to partner with production to produce work that is right first time and is in accordance with customer requirements. To establish, implement and maintain the Quality Management System to ensure full compliance to all national, international and customer standards.
Partnering with all teams on site to ensure quality assurance processes are adhered to, the Quality Manager provides coaching and support in order to prevent and limit quality issues arising.
Overseeing the quality team, you will ensure that quality issues are addressed and resolved in a timely and proactive manner ensuring continuous improvements are made and that production methods are reviewed and updated as per recommendations.
You will be responsible for driving quality improvement standards at the site, ensuring high standards are met across product, specification, compliance, supply chain, and quality plans (and / or customer specifications) as per the QMS.
The suitable applicant will be a confident communicator with the ability to liaise with customers, work with accrediting bodies and influence and manage others in order to drive quality improvements at our site, supporting our company-wide commitment to providing an outstanding service.
This interesting and varied role will require you to:
• Establish the site’s quality procedures, standards and specifications in line with group wide processes
• Drive quality improvements at the site - partnering with all functions
• Support, co-ordinate and enable the site to meet the accreditation requirements as per business strategy
• Ensure specification updates are implemented etc.
• Manage internal audits and to implement and adopt improvements as required
• Liaise and build relationships with customers, acting as a representative for the site’s ongoing commitment to quality
• Ensure the company maintains its accreditation to AS9100, NADCAP
The suitable applicant will have:
• An ability to implement, adopt and deliver systems approaches to enable quality improvements
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• Excellent presentation and reporting skills
• Ability to manage auditory and accreditation processes
• An ability to oversee and co-ordinate cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of AS9100 and NADCAP requirements
• Knowledge of Quality tools, such as 8D, PFMEA, etc
• Experience of BSI, ISO9001 and auditing
Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.30pm
Friday 8am to 2pm
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement 25 days plus 8 bank holidays (as per length of service)
- 15% Starbucks Discount
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management
- Aerospace Industries
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"