This is a highly unusual opportunity.
We are looking for an ambitious, "hands on" individual with a deep knowledge of Quality Management Systems and certified lead auditor to help a FTSE 250 company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries meet the requirements of ISO 9001. As the company is not certified, this is not about refreshing or tweaking its QMS, it is about designing and deploying a brand new one, championing benefits and leading an internal audit programme. Thus, not a task for the faint-hearted!
Working for a charismatic, collaborative Quality Director, you will see yourself as a future "Chief of Staff" for a growing division working strategically with senior leaders to define short, medium and long term goals. You will coach managers to understand the role they must play, recruit and train a team of internal auditors, enthuse, champion and close out on audit findings, even when difficult conversations await.
As this is an environment crying out for, yet unfamiliar with, such a QMS and audit, character is all. You will be a personable, agile completer-finisher able to see the bigger picture, rather than get caught in technicalities. You’ll need conviction and passion to demonstrate the value of your work, using a gamut of softer skills to help others adopt new ways of doing things.
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- Practical / hands-on experience of developing large scale Quality Management Systems
- Experience of conducting, investigations (8D) and root cause analysis
- Proven track record in delivering tangible business improvements through the use of a QMS, including training, mentoring and coaching colleagues in its use
- Ability to test/challenge current thinking and formulate new practices/policies
- Detail-oriented & tenacious
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job