£20,000 - £32,000
Our client, a specialist long-established engineering business, is seeking a Quality Inspector. The Quality Inspector will provide additional support to the QA department with all aspects of quality. The company operates from modern, clean premises in Leeds and this is an opportunity to join a small and friendly team of engineers in a company with a great working atmosphere.
This position reports directly to the QHSE Manager. As a hands-on Quality Inspector you will be responsible for executing general inspection functions, both visual and dimensional, including first-off and patrol basis, correctly using a wide spectrum of mechanical and CMM measuring devices (training can be given on the CMM).
Quality Inspector - Role and Responsibilities - Inspection / CMM / Quality Engineer / CNC / Mechanical Engineering / Precision Engineering / Machining / Machine Shop
* Plans inspection by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, finishes of surfaces, and machined parameters
* Interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
* Be able to read and interpret engineering level mechanical drawings.
* Assists Quality team members or management with failure and nonconforming material data recording and reporting.
* Support the Quality Manager in monitoring and progressing quality assurance and quality control programs and produce reports relating to non-conformance when required..
Quality Inspector - Skills and Abilities - Inspection / CMM / Quality Engineer / CNC / Mechanical Engineering / Precision Engineering / Machining / Machine Shop
* Mechanical Engineering qualification or equivalent experience
* Previous experience working for a precising engineering business in a machine shop environment
* At least two years' experience in a quality focused role
* Experience with CMM of benefit but not required
Quality Inspector / Inspection / CMM / Quality Engineer / CNC / Mechanical Engineering / Precision Engineering / Machining / Machine Shop
If this role could appeal, please do apply now!
- Quality Inspector
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'