Role: Quality Inspector job description
Location: Commutable from Cambridge
Salary: Depending on Experience
Initial 6 month contract with view of going perm (to be reviewed after 3 months)
As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible for reading production drawings, schematics and test procedures ensure that manifolds and assemblies have been manufactured correctly to the drawing requirements.
Approving or rejecting manifolds and assemblies with respect to quality standards, and record production performance
· Read drawings, schematics and instructions to comprehend the quality expectations for the products
· Maintain records of testing, information and various metrics such as number of defective products per day etc.
· Inspect procedures of the entire production cycle to ensure they are efficient and comply with quality and safety standards
· Monitor the use of equipment to ensure it is safe and well-maintained and quarantine any that doesnt meet requirements
· Prepare and submit reports to the quality manager
· Carry out First Article Inspections (FAI) of metalwork and bracketry
· Proven experience as quality inspector or relevant role
· Ability to read drawings, schematics and instructions
· A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach is essential
· Responsible and trustworthy
· Familiarity with quality inspection equipment (e.g. Digital Verniers, Boroscopes, etc.)
· Thorough knowledge of quality control standards and testing methodologies
· Previous working experience to ISO accreditations is a strong advantage (ISO 9001 etc.) is essential
· Working knowledge of MS Office
· Must be prepared to work within a Cleanroom environment
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In-depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
The goal is to ensure that our customers products are made correctly and inline with the quality standards along with meeting customers expectations.
Should you be interested in the above role please apply for the role or contact Kimberley Goode on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job