Vacancy: Quality Inspector
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
We are working in partnership with our client, a prestigious engineering company based in Corby who have a strong background in Industrial Engineering, Aerospace and Oil & Gas.
They are currently seeking an experienced Quality Inspector who has a strong background in hands on inspection as well as dealing with audits from blue chip organisations - the role will be 60% workshop based and 40% office based. Some national / international travel will be required on occasion for training purposes.
- Perform inspection by using a variety of inspection measuring and test equipment to determine acceptance or rejection of material or parts.
- Interpret and work within the guideline of drawings, specifications, charts, procedures and other data to determine acceptance or rejection of materials or parts.
- Assist in the review and disposition of non-conforming material, including dispositions or rework, scrap and return to supplier.
- Maintain accurate and current inspection and/or testing records such as, but not limited to Material Certifications, Inspection/Test Results and Reports, Certificates of Conformance, Traceability Logs, Rejection Reports/Tags, as required by the applicable procedure and/or specification.
- Interface with and assist customer / government source inspectors and auditors, as necessary.
- Coordinate and inform other departments of inspection and/or testing status in support of production and project goals and initiatives
- Perform calibration on inspection/test equipment used to support product acceptance
- Promote and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- May also perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years engineering inspection experience
- Ability to perform semi-complex dimensional detail part inspection
- Ability to use inspection equipment; such as: Surface Plate, Height Gage, Comparator, Hand tools, gauges, etc.
- Ability to perform detailed review of documentation/certification to requirements
- Ability to apply visual inspection techniques
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in and promote a team environment.
- Software/Computer (ie. Microsoft applications)
- Flexible to accept other assignments
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge and use
- Gage calibration knowledge and techniques (preferred)
To apply for the above role, please click below or send your CV to today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job