Job Title: Quality Inspector
£20,000 - £23,000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Quality Inspector to join a reputable company who specialise in the supply of precision measuring equipment, bespoke system design and laboratory-based UKAS calibration services.
Reporting direct to the Works Manager, the Inspector's principal job purpose will be to oversee all aspects of quality control of the product line.
The role requires a quality focused approach to work with excellent attention to detail and the delivery of responsibilities in accordance with established SOPs and standards.
- Sample auditing of product on receipt from suppliers;
- Investigation of any quality related complaints raised by the Customer Service / Sales team and the Product Manager;
- Writing of reports highlighting any non-conformances for issue to suppliers and internally;
- Working with the Product Manager to establish and maintain specification sheets for product.
- Ensure safe operation of mechanical handling equipment, as required, and only when trained to do so
- Work efficiently and effectively as part of a team;
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace / working area;
- Maintain high levels of Health & Safety at all times;
- Achieve targets and job standards as set out by Management;
- Flexible approach to tasks given in a busy working environment.
- Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
- Experience of working within an accredited quality control department
- Good working knowledge of metrology hand tools and functions of typical use
- Experience of working in a busy environment with varied work demands
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail
If you are interested in the above position, please apply with an up to date CV. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a call on .
Premier are acting as an employment agency