Staffline are looking for an experienced Quality Inspector to work with one of our clients based in Kenfig. This is a 6 month contract, where hours of work are 4on 4 off 12 hour shifts, rotating between nights and days e.g 4 nights 4 off 4 days etc.
A full UK licence and own transport is essential due to location and hours of work.
As an integral member of the quality team, your prime responsibility will be to actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs, implement process improvements and maximise total product quality. The role requires individuals to measure production samples throughout the shift for a variety of properties using gauges and measuring devices to confirm product quality.
Essential Functions (main responsibilities):
- Develop and maintain systems to establish standards relating to activities and products.
- Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Monitor performance (in relevant areas) according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate/advise/assist according to performance levels.
- Monitor and inform/communicate/apply standards created/maintained by external bodies, and integrate within internal quality management systems.
- Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Report as necessary on changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) and on performance against standards.
- Liaise and co-operate with quality management and standards bodies (e.g., BSI, Government Departments, HSE, etc.)
- Liaise with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacting/affected by quality issues)
Qualifications/skills (education, experience and skills):
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work and personnel responsibilities
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures
- ISO 9001 requirements
- Statistical processes
- Self-motivated, reliable, dedicated, hardworking, conscientious and flexible.
- Quality Inspector
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job