Our client is looking for a Quality Inspector to join my client's site in Tewkesbury. You will be an integral part of the Quality department promoting the highest standards of quality.
Working for a low volume, high value manufacturer of cutting-edge components the Inspection team is responsible for ensuring supplied and processed parts meet our quality standards.
As quality Inspector your role will include the inspection of supply chain products and processes through the business normal inspection which may include First Article Inspection.
In addition to this you may be required to provide assistance to the business to assist in problem solving activities, engineering investigations and corrective action determination.
You will also be required when necessary to provide training to employees relative to interpretation of engineering drawings, work instructions, inspection techniques and proper application of gauging.
You will encourage an environment of continuous improvement to attain elevated Quality attitudes and superior standards of workmanship.
You will have excellent judgment, interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work on several assignments concurrently. You will deal extensively with suppliers and customers and as such will be able to communicate well at all levels.
* Inspection knowledge and use of a wide variety of gauges and sophisticated measuring equipment (CMM, Roundness machine, Surface Analyser, etc.)
* Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving with a strong sense of urgency
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and processes and procedures
* Have the ability to work across functional teams
* Have experience of using Microscope for the inspection/detection of burrs & working knowledge of the Workmanship standards expected for our products.
* Have experience of working with Quality Systems and a sound knowledge of ISO9000 & Inspection sampling plans
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex problems in a concise manner
* CMM operating and programming experience
* NVQ-3, BTEC National Certificate achieved within an indentured apprenticeship, or equivalent GCSE "A" Level study and proven experience in the operation of precision machines in manufacturing/fabrication environment
* Knowledge and experience with machined parts finishing processes and workmanship standards
Please contact Ryan Kline on
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.