Quality Improvement Technician
£Depending on experience
Due to internal promotion, our client has identified that the appointment of a dynamic and technically orientated Quality Improvement Technician is now required to assist in generating improvements within both product and manufacturing processes. The role will be based at our clients site in Sheffield.
Our client operates in a highly professional manner, and encourages a culture with high integrity.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position reports to the Quality Manager AND is required to drive quality standards through a reduction of NCR's and improvement projects within the manufacturing areas. The candidate will have the ability to resolve complex problems and also have excellent communication skills.
Working closely with the Production and Engineering Departments to drive down the Cost of Quality through investigative research into root cause and the implementation of robust and sustainable process improvements.
Typical day to day activities can include but are not restricted to:
* Supporting the Quality Manager with the management of the NCR (Non-Conformance Report) process
* Working with customers on critical quality expectations.
* Provide appropriate advice and assistance in quality related matters to internal users and external customers on best practise techniques.
* Supporting and developing Lean principles within Manufacturing and to be able to apply continuous improvement to improve process performance and reduce waste.
* Work with teams in coaching and driving development of effective resolution to product/service defects.
* Generate Standard Operating practices for Quality processes.
* Progress Engineering Change Requests.
* Control the calibration and issue of inspection gauges within the Company.
* Undertake internal audits of the Quality Systems and Manufacturing Controls.
* Participate in workplace trials to evaluate changes.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
* Planning and prioritising activities.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to present data effectively.
* Strong ethics: work honestly and with integrity.
* Self-motivated and results driven.
* Clean driving licence.
* ONC in Engineering preferred.
* A background in technically engineered products
* Experience in engineering or manufacturing environment.
* Quality experience in ISO 9001
* An understanding of the use of Quality tools and change management is required.
* Knowledge and experience of LEAN and Six Sigma methodologies ideally to green belt level.
* Qualified internal auditor with practical experience.
* Computer literate.
* Commercially aware.
* Well organised.
* Good time management.
You will be joining a thriving company in which ideas are not only valued but actively encouraged. It can offer you the opportunity to have a major influence on direction and performance and to visibly contribute towards future success. You will experience fast decision making without the encumbrance of long chains of command.
* The salary offered will reflect your expertise and the skills that you can bring to the company.
* Permanent contract.
* Working hours: 7.45am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am, to 12.45pm Friday.
* Contributory pension scheme.
* Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets.
* 33 days holiday, including bank holidays and factory shut down periods.
* Share save scheme.