This is an exciting role with a major manufacturing company looking after all their QEH&S with a focus on continuous improvement throughout the site.
- Ensure the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety systems are maintained in accordance with the ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 standards.
- Being an active member of the site management team and oversee the smooth, effective and safe running of the site.
- Practice and promote a strong health and safety culture.
- Implement and promote practical change management throughout the organisation.
- Identify all relevant training needs and deliver and/or source training requirements within the scope of QEH&S.
- Conduct on-site risk assessments with the relevant line manager and review current risk assessments.
- Educate and coach managers and employees on how they can improve their QEH&S performance.
- Report accidents or incidents to the HSE as required by law and the company insurers.
- Line manage one report.
- Relevant QEH&S qualifications and experience within a comparable role.
- Health & safety focused with the ability to proactively demonstrate and manage a sound H&S structure through the business.
- Experience in facilitating and leading continuous improvement initiatives and and fostering lean principles within operations.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety systems.
- Co-ordinate QEH&S audit programmes.
- Have an in depth knowledge of up to date legislation across QEH&S.
- First class written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, multi task and have high attention to detail.
- Be a team player who can share best practice across the company.
- Have previous line management experience.
Benefits include a contributory pension and 22 days holiday plus statutory days.
- Continuous Improvement
- Quality Management
- Health & Safety