Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires Quality Engineers to support the Senior Quality Engineer to achieve the level of quality that is required to meet customer expectations. Provide a quick response to resolving quality issues identified during build. Conduct process audits ensuring conformance to company processes. Provide a framework that promotes Continual Improvement, RFT and the 'No Fault Forward’ approach.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Support the business to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant procedures.
- Analyse data gathered from various sources to identify areas of Risk and Opportunities and promote RFT and 'No Fault Forward’.
- Verify that the correct information is available at source of use.
- Liaising with the Senior Quality Engineer / Management to implement a program that will drive towards a continual improvement in quality performance.
- Provide verification of accurate data for Quality Issues identified. Initiate actions to aid quick resolution and assistance in identifying root causes.
- Ensure that non-conformances and repeat issues are communicated.
- Assist the Senior Quality Engineer with continual improvement activities.
- Analyse reported faults and failures that do not conform to PYL Work instructions.
- Interfacing with other departmental managers at all levels of the business. Providing information and support to Supply factories, Fit-Out, OSC.
- Act as an Ambassador for the company, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote company as a market leader.
- Promote training to build quality awareness across the business.
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing/operational processes allied to the company’s product
- Experience of assembly practices
- Relevant / suitable qualifications both administrative and technical (Excel, Word etc)
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Conscientious, reliable and dedicated
- Able to work under own initiative
- Engages with others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes within a team
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- City and Guilds 743 Quality Assurance or equivalent
- Qualified Internal Auditor an advantage
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques - Problem Solving etc
- Six Sigma qualified an advantage
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems an advantage
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role