Our client requires an experienced Quality Engineer to join their dynamic team in modern premises in Portsmouth.
To support with the introduction, development and approval of any SED projects including aerospace, automotive and defence. Write reports, procedures and work instructions. Support with the development and auditing of processes and to ensure ongoing compliance to customer and regulatory requirements. MRP system interaction. Establish and report on business KPI’s. Monitor and support development of suppliers. Conduct 8D, 5 why, Ishikawa type investigations and drive continuous improvement. A “can do” positive attitude and ability to work well on their own or as part of a team.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
- Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
- Liaise with customers to gain approval of FAIR or PSW.
- Use PFMEA to formulate Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as FAIR, ISIR, Cap Studies and MSA.
- Interfacing with customer on measurement reports and concessions.
- QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc).
- Be able to generate and report quality performance metrics
- Day to day inspection and quality support for all projects (overall product verification)
- Lead quality improvement programmes
- Be a quality point of contact for certain customers
- Help to drive continuous improvement
- Support with the effective use of Javelin MRP
- Assist in departmental management in the absence of management
- Maintain approval supplier database
- Involvement as required in 3rd party audits
- Customer visits (as required)
Skills & Experience:
- Good Knowledge of AS9100 and/or IATF 16949 requirements
- Knowledge of Composites materials and processes
- FARO arm using Autodesk PowerInspect software
- Knowledge of GD&T
- FAIR to AS9102
- Experience of PPAP Core Tools.
- Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Experience of new project introductions.
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Good computer literacy in particular all MS Office programs.
- Lean/6 sigma methodology
- Recognised engineering qualification
- CQI Level 3 quality management certificate or above
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'