We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer for our client, a composite manufacturer in Hampshire. The role will have a reporting line to the Group Quality Manager who is based in the North West. We are looking for someone who can undertake the role of Quality Engineer but who can also demonstrate the ability and desire to grow within the role as the business continues on its growth plan.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of quality management systems and procedures that are included as part of the company's drive towards ISO9001 accreditation and migration to Aerospace accreditation AS9100 and NADCAP.
- Assist the Group Quality Manager with the ongoing management of the Quality System in accordance with ISO9001 and AS9100.
- Promote and develop continuous improvement techniques and practices.
- Conduct Internal Audits in accordance with ISO9001 and AS9100 and carry out corrective action and establish root cause.
- Ability to collate and analyse data to provide reports and feedback to the management team.
- Develop and implement improvements in accordance with AS9100 and customer specific requirements.
- Liaise with customers, production and inspection departments on quality issues related to the manufacture of components.
- Control and investigate non-conformances related to customer returns, scrap, rework, processes, procedures and concessions.
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis Teams to resolve concerns, arising as a result of customer complaints and internal reports.
- Undertake, compile and issue First Article Inspection Reports as and when required.
- Ensure the client's requirements have been understood and the product supplied meets those requirements.
- Working with the Purchasing Department to establish Quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Conduct External Audits at suppliers/subcontractors.
- Supported by Group Health and Safety you will have day to day responsibility for H&S on site.
- Experienced in the use of Inspection Equipment including CMM, Scanning equipment etc.
You must have previous experience within a similar Quality Control or Quality Engineering role. Experience within a manufacturing environment and ideally excellent knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100 and requirements of the NADACP process. Knowledge and experience of Composite and Composite manufacturing technology, process and markets would be advantageous.
The company is on a growth curve with amitious short and medium-term plans. This role has the scope to grow with the business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'