Michael Page are working in partnership with a multi-million pound specialist Engineering business in Nottinghamshire. Due to high demand and significant investment, the business are in search of a Quality Engineer with demonstrable experience and knowledge in quality activities within the automotive or aerospace industry to join their team.
Michael Page are in partnership with a multi-million pound specialist Engineering business in Nottinghamshire. The business are a leading supplier of parts to the automotive industry, and are committed to providing a flexible and responsive service to customers, with a particular focus on rapid turnaround of all enquiries and on-time delivery.
Reporting directly into the Quality Manager, the general overview of the job role is to assist the existing quality department in maintaining and develop the business's management systems and support functions of day-to-day actives. This will include investigating non-compliance, inspection of finished product, administration of the quality system, assist in the calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment and process auditing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Operate root cause analysis on Customer complaints and maintain the non-conformance
- Register including cost reporting and reactive corrective action
- Inspection of completed products using documented techniques such as PPAP, F.A.I.R and ISIRs
- Maintain the internal and external calibration system of inspection equipment
- Carrying out and reporting on internal process audits
- Compiling data and reporting them in KPIs
- Assist the Quality Manager in introduction of new procedures and maintaining of existing procedures
The successful candidate for this Nottinghamshire based Quality Engineer position will be a self-motivated individual with demonstrable experience and knowledge in quality activities within a fabrication business.
- Ideally have qualification in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Previous experience in Quality - with automotive or aerospace experience preferred
- Knowledge of ISO systems such as 9001 is advantageous - lead auditor qualified preferred
- Experience in reading engineering drawings and root cause analysis
Competitive salary, plus excellent opportunities for progression
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job