We are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer on behalf of a well-established and rapidly expanding automotive manufacturer based in Coventry. This is a fantastic time to join this flourishing business who have increased supply into several of their major OEM customers which has led to record sales for the business in 2017.
First point of contact for all customer concerns, ensure prompt and robust containment is implemented internally and at customer site. Issue and track quality alerts. Owns the process for completing 8D/PPS for customer concerns, has excellent problem-solving skills to ensure any corrective actions taken are correctly implemented to ensure repeat concerns do not occur.
Day to day duties will include the following:
- You will report into the Quality Director, working within a team of 12 in the Quality department
- Take responsibility for the upkeep of Quality to customers, working closely with many prestigious OEM Automotive brands
- Responsibility for solving problems utilising 8D / Practical Problem Solving (PPS) techniques
- Adhering to TS16949 at all times
- Documentation of parts/products through PPAP/APQP/MSA
- Updates Process Control Plan and inspection instructions in line with any issues
- Raising, monitoring and reporting on supplier concerns
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Previous experience working within the Automotive Industry (Essential)
- Extensive problem-solving skills (Essential)
- Experience of interfacing with customers (Advantageous)
- Internal Auditing Experience - TS/IATF16949, ISO14001, ISO9001 (Advantageous)
- You will have experience of working closely with customers, resolving customer quality concerns (Advantageous)
- A strong understanding of quality tools such as 8D/PPs, APQP/PPAP/MSA (Advantageous)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including understanding of GD&T (Advantageous)
- Willing and able to visit customer sites sometimes at short notice (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.