As Quality Engineer you will be required to actively support the implementation, maintenance, performance and improvement of the Quality Management System by applying appropriate tools and techniques.
Our client are a global engineering business based in Plymouth who are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their growing team.
Main responsibilities for the Quality Engineer will include:
- To identify performance trends and potential and actual non-conformances in products and processes through data gathering, analysis, monitoring and auditing.
- Decision making: To stop production, drive containment action and take corrective or preventative action to ensure effective and timely defect management.
- To propose and implement robust and cost effective solutions and improvements.
- To carry out audits, inspections, measurements and tests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Clear, concise, accurate and data driven reporting of results, trends, actions and progress.
- To develop effective relationships with other team members and departments, suppliers and customer personnel as appropriate to facilitate product and service quality.
- To provide training support and to overcome barriers to quality improvement.
- To work independently and as a team member in conducting Quality Engineering Activities.
- To work in line with the companies Quality, Safety and environmental Policies, Procedures and Instructions.
To suitable candidate will have:
- A minimum of a HNC level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- A proven track of working as a Quality Engineer within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience / Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 8D.
£32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Quality Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job