Nigel Wright's Engineering and Manufacturing Division is working with a leading manufacturer of a high tech assembled products. They are recruiting an additional Quality Engineer to support expansion at their site in the North East.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, responsibilities include:
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining the Company`s quality management systems to measure and control quality in the production process.
- Work with engineering department to establish quality standards for individual products and set out the standards in documents and processes for the production team.
- Implement standards, develop performance measurements and reporting requirements that set quality metrics for each stage of the production process.
- Create documentation, such as supplier quality manuals and procedures, and establish requirements for records management, document control and control of electronic data from inspection processes.
- Work with production staff to raise awareness of the importance of quality and train them in quality procedures.
- Support quality inspectors and provide them with the tools to control quality on the production line.
- Analyze quality problems to identify root causes and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Take proactive measures, such as developing and implementing continuous improvement programs covering production processes and quality management systems. The aim is to eliminate the causes of quality issues and reduce the risk of failure.
- Work with members of the supply chain to ensure the quality of raw materials, components or sub-assemblies meets the company`s quality standards. Agree on standards with suppliers and implement inspection processes to monitor incoming material. Carry out FAI when required.
- Support supply chain in the monitoring of the suppliers` quality performance and implement corrective and preventative measures to deal with any quality issues.
- Provide guidance and tools for companies that want to ensure their products and services consistently meet customer`s requirements, according to the International Organization for Standardization.
- Monitor feedback from customers to identify any quality concerns and liaise with customers to resolve any issues.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in a similar role, within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
You will have a structured approach to investigating product failures and undertaking detailed root cause analysis to create an ongoing improvement plant both internally and through suppliers.
You will have well developed communication skills, with the ability to influence and challenge throughout the business to effectively incorporate findings into the development process for their significant product development programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Engineer to join a passionate, ambitious business and make a real contribution to maximising improvements throughout the business.