Salary: £28,000 to £32,000pa
The Customer Quality Engineer is to liaise with the customer on quality and technical issues, for assigned key customers. Managing all quality aspects targeting agreed objectives, supporting Customer Quality Satisfaction. Providing service/support on all quality related aspects to the Customer and other interested parties. Key to continual improvement.
• Quality interface to customer, overseeing a high volume of engineering changes.
• Key point of contact for customer returns, complaints and non-conformances and driver of internal processes to closure.
• Leading role for internal and customer quality issues - driving investigation, root cause analysis verifying and validation of corrective actions.
• Involvement in the NPI process verifying specific customer requirements. Conducting FAI’s.
• Technical support to production on all product quality issues, advising on and carrying out technical component inspection.
• Support Internal Auditing Scheme to ensure internal procedures are being followed, and audits are conducted in and closed out in a timely manner.
• Ensuring the QMS is adhered to, identifying continuous improvement opportunities where possible.
• Analysing interested parties KPI’s and other available data/metrics to identify improvement areas.
• Review internally produced data monthly to establish trends and implement permanent CA’s
• Periodic evaluation of customer quality performance: focusing on Customer complaints, PPM levels, quality of 8D reports.
• Presenting quality metrics at regular business review meetings.
• Respond to supplier quality issues on bonded material.
• Maintaining compliance to accreditations and approvals.
Candidates should hold a HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline, ideally degree qualified. Extensive experience in the application of quality assurance systems is essential, with specific experience of IS09001. Candidates should be customer facing with exposure to root cause analysis, 8D concern management processes and AQP techniques such as FMEA and control plan development.
- Customer Quality