An interesting and key position has become available for a Quality Engineer focusing on Plastic Injection Moulding, working with an important automotive manufacturing company who are global leaders in their field based in Swindon, Wiltshire.
Working as a New Model Development Engineer on a permanent basis you will be situated within the New Model Development Team. The team consists of Engineers responsible for the development of tooling, processes and component parts in order to satisfy the new model requirements of the cars manufactured in our Swindon factory.
You will be working closely with other departments and suppliers to ensure all KPI's are achieved from initial design through to Mass production. The successful applicant will have a real opportunity to add their knowledge and experience into the next New Model - building on the success of the current model which has recently been voted Top Gear's "Car of the Year 2017".
* The key responsibility will be to project manage our supplier parts and processes from concept to mass production.
* Audit of suppliers during pre-production phase to define gap items and perceived risk, Conduct SA with suppliers to resolve complex part & process concerns. (This will include some local, European and worldwide travel)
* Identifying significant characteristics and ensuring that the supplier process has a suitable method of control and that this is recorded in the quality documentation.
* Studying initial drawings and finding opportunities to improve parts quality and optimise the design for the suppliers manufacturing capability whilst also considering past problems.
* Cross functional working with procurement to select suppliers for new model development whilst working closely with design, engineering and suppliers to develop parts and production processes.
* Confirming parts quality and ensure availability of the correct tooling level at pre-production builds.
* Confirming capacity to ensure HUM volume requirements are met
* Negotiating design change cost with suppliers.
* Ensuring that parts and processes are developed to the highest standard at the pre-production phase so that quality and capacity requirements can be achieved during mass production.
To be considered for the position of New Model Development Engineer
* Understand parts drawings and be able to review design changes
* Have negotiation skills and good communication skills at all levels
* The ability to critique supplier & part development plans
* Have an appreciation of the injection moulding and painting processes.
* Possess the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workloads
* Have good Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint skills
* Have a valid driving license and passport with ability to travel worldwide
What we want from you:
No two days are the same and you will need to be able to react and change priorities at very little notice. The ability to self-manage your workload and have high level organisation skills is essential. Strong communication skills are a must as you will have exposure to all levels of the business.
What we can offer you:
A competitive salary of £35,000+, 25 days holiday, private medical care, local discounts, medical and dental plan, generous pension scheme, childcare vouchers and the opportunity to purchase all company products at a generously discounted rate.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Brassington on or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job