I am now working with one of my key manufacturing clients based in Rotherham who due to new product introduction are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer. As the Quality Engineer you will be an integral member of the Quality Team ensuring the Safety, Quality and integrity of all products and processes associated with the new products.
Located in Rotherham my client are a leading Design and manufacturing business supplying into a range of markets including UK and overseas. This Quality Engineer is a new position and would fit somebody who is looking for long term stability with large, well known manufacturing company.
Working within the Rotherham quality team you will report directly into the Quality Manager ensuring the Safety, Quality and integrity of all products and processes associated with the new products. You will actively identify production improvements and support Engineering, Maintenance and Quality departments in implementing these improvements.
- To verify process and product conformity and consistency using capability studies, process audits and product verification.
- To understand and project manage the introduction of new materials, new production methods or new processes, through trials, Kaizen events and new part introduction.
- To understand and implement the requirements of the management system to which SBD subscribe to and ensure all procedures, verification checks and records are correctly utilised and maintained by the production team.
- To use recognized quality and verification tools to understand and resolve product and process deficiencies.
- Understand and report on key quality data, including quality issues, scrap volumes, rework activities, supplier quality issues.
- Input into Global and site KPI's
To apply for this position you will live within a commutable distance of Rotherham and will have a previous background in Quality Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
- HNC/HND (minimum) in an Engineering or manufacturing discipline
- 2+ years' experience required in manufacturing environment
- Experience of operating within management systems (ISO 9001/14001 & 18001)
Skills and Competencies
- Self Motivated and Flexible
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to recognize and manage multiple improvement projects
- Computer literate
- Understands modern quality improvement tools - SPC, Capability Studies, Root Cause Analysis
- Demonstrate strong "hands on" mechanical skills, including fault finding
- Demonstrated ability/desire to learn new technologies.
- Proactive - gets the job done and works on own initiative
- Strong root cause analysis experience to eliminate reoccurring problems
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000