I am now looking to recruit a Quality Engineer for a small manufacturing business based in Sheffield Nr Meadowhall. This position will be responsible for all on-site Quality functions including, Quality Management Systems, Root Cause analysis, Inspection of products and continuous improvement. This would suit Quality Engineers or Quality Managers based in South Yorkshire.
Located Nr Meadowhall in Sheffield my client supply into a range of industries including Medical, and General Manufacturing, and employ circa 80 staff in the UK. The business design and manufacture their own product range and now require the recruitment of a focused Quality Engineer to come into this critical area of the business.
Reporting into the General Manager as the Quality Engineer you will have full responsibility of all on site quality functions including Quality Management Systems, Root Cause analysis, Inspection of products and continuous improvement. You will play a pivotal part in improving customer relations, and making sure products supplied are meeting customers expectations.
Other Duties Include:
Achieve and maintain certification and approvals deemed necessary for the business to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Perform contract reviews on customer or recognised specifications to enable compliance
- To liaise professionally and competently with the customer and employees on quality matters
- Provide support on document pack collation as required.
- Raise customer concession requests when required.
- Liaise with customers regarding quality issues / enquiries.
- Perform and support internal audit programme
- Draft quality plans / inspection and test plans as required.
- Control the calibration register and ensure the schedule is maintained.
- To assess and manage risk in the process
- To visit customers and suppliers throughout the UK and overseas where necessary
To apply for this position you will have Quality Engineering or Quality Management experience gained within a manufacturing environment. Other requirements include:
Proven experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in achieving accreditation's for ISO.
- Production & Manufacturing awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Understanding of the production process and lead time acceptance.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ambitious, Organised, Structured.
- Ability to manage and control area's where necessary
- Key people skills and the ability to integrate with other departments where necessary
Salary for this position is £30,000-£40,000 with progression opportunities available.