An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to work in a rewarding role in the Tyne and Wear area. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Compile and submit Customer specific documentation.
- Support the Internal manufacturing teams with regard to the timely resolution of Customer and Internal quality concerns.
- Support the NPI teams during the development of Controls Plans, PFMEA, Gauge Planning etc. and highlight potential failure modes ref Lessons Learnt.
- Support the Internal Audit team by performing various Internal Audits.
- Pro-actively visit customer / supplier locations to resolve customer concerns and maintain high levels of customer liaison.
- Understanding and utilisation of Automotive Core tools such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA processes.
- Champion to promote compliance to company systems, procedures and control plan requirements.
- Provide and communicate Quality / process data to the Manufacturing Teams and facilitate actions to improve.
- Provide appropriate training for Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians.
- Manage the activities of Product Conformance Technicians / Quality Technicians on a day-to-day basis.
- An appropriate qualification in Mechanical / Production Engineering (e.g. Degree or HNC)
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office and SAP working knowledge, together with good verbal and numerical aptitude.
- An appropriate professional qualification such as Member of the Institute of Quality Assurance.
- Ability to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliveries.
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a small team of people.
- The ability to lead cross functional team members.
- Confident presentation skills to promote ideas to the team and motivate them to achieve results.
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job