Job Title: Quality Engineer(QE)
Location: Stowmarket Suffolk
Reports to: Quality and Compliance Manager
Hours of Work: 8.00am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri
The QE role has the responsibility for ensuring the business delivers high quality products and receives conforming goods from our suppliers. The role will cover NPD to production models through support to engineering, production and the logistic chain. The QE will Have the responsibility of carrying out both internal and external audits to ensure the business and our suppliers continue to work with a clear and viable process control. A key part of the role is to check incoming parts for compliance to specification and liaise with the supplier should issues be found. The QE will also be involved in Root Cause and Correct Action activities and also run and assist with continuous improvement events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- First off inspection of received goods to specification.
- Maintain the Quality Management system.
- Carry out Internal Quality Audits.
- Carry out Supplier Assessments and continuation audits.
- Provide Supplier development where necessary.
- Carry out statistical analysis for monthly management reports.
- Carry out and manage continuous improvement events.
- Carry out Root Cause and Corrective action activities.
- Immediate response activity for production line issues.
- Manage Supplier Corrective Action Reports as necessary.
- Assist in the implementing and establishing ISO9001-2015.
- Monitor Customer Complaints and concerns.
- Assist with Warranty issues.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems. ISO 9001-2008/15.
- Good communication , Problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with minimum Supervision.
- Use of precision measuring equipment
- Ability to understand engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good team player.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of PPAPs/FAIRs principles.
- QPulse/Winman understanding (would be advantageous).
- HND/apprenticeship in Engineering(Mechanical/Electrical).
- Auditor Trained(lead auditor would be advantageous).
- Full Driving Licence.