Our client based in Portsmouth requires an experienced Quality Engineer either on a permanent or contract basis.
SUMMARY - MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
This role requires the applicant to be able to support with the introduction, development and approval of aerospace and automotive projects. A strong knowledge of composites materials and processes will be considered a distinct advantage. The candidate will have good computer literacy and be able to write reports, procedures and work instructions. Be able to support with the development of processes and to ensure ongoing compliance to customer and regulatory requirements. Experience with MRP system interaction will be useful. The ability to conduct 8D, 5 why, Ishikawa type investigations and drive continuous improvement. A "can do" positive attitude and ability to work well on their own or as part of a team.
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
- Review of customer requirement on specifications, CAD Data and Drawings.
- Create FAIR reports.
- Use PFMEA to formulate Control Plans and Work Instructions
- Co-ordinating measurement activity of product to present to customer such as FAIR, ISIR, Cap Studies and MSA.
- Interfacing with customer on measurement reports and concessions.
- QMS interaction (NCR, Concessions, Change management, audit etc).
- Be able to generate and report quality performance metrics
- Day to day inspection and quality support for all other projects
Skills & Experience:
- Good Knowledge of AS9100 and/or IATF 16949 requirements
- Knowledge of Composites materials and processes
- FARO arm using Autodesk Powerinspect software
- Knowledge of G, D&T
- FAIR to AS9102
- Experience of PPAP Core Tools.
- Interaction with MRP/ERP systems (Javelin preferably)
- Experience of new project introductions.
- Product and Process Auditing experience (ISO, AS or IATF).
- Good computer literacy in particular all MS Office programs.
- Lean/6 sigma
- Previous relevant experience