Our client is an international company designing and marketing test equipment for the power electronics market. As part of their strategic planning an opportunity now exists for an experienced hands on Quality Engineer to join small operational team based in their South Oxfordshire facility.
This Role would offer an opportunity, for right candidate, to develop within the organisation to become a member of the Company's management team within a twelve month period.Â The candidate will report to the Senior Director at the UK Facility
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures and standards
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met.
- Setting customer service standards.
- Ensuring product leaving the company for customers is to required quality
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers.
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with required standards.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
- Writing management and technical reports.
- Determining training requirements.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information.
- Monitoring performance.
- A good understanding of technical drawings and schematics.
- Be able to undertake internal & external audits.
- Have good investigative skills in diagnostics with good problem solving skills.
- A degree or higher national diploma in Power Electronics
- Min of 3 years experience in Quality in a related industry
- Excellent technical skills including the ability to write software for quality control eg Labview or Visual Basis
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Good Leadership skills
- Good Planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of technical drawings and schematics
- Experience in internal and external audits
- Good investigative skills in diagnostics with good problem solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- Quality Engineer