Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will assure right first time quality, promoting a major improvement in the quality of incoming parts from suppliers, and in-house quality along the full front-to-back manufacturing process.
This is a critical role in the business and due to growth, our client is looking to find a determined and committed individual who will help mould and drive a successful quality department.
Quality Engineer Duties & Responsibilities Include:
* Maintain & implement ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
* Update Procedures & Documents relating to the QMS.
* Co Ordinate internal Audit System.
* Carry out Internal Audits in accordance with company audit schedule.
* Manage internal & external non-conformance reporting system.
* Prepare and report on Department monthly performance data.
* Assist with product testing & certification.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Proven track record in Quality Assurance
* Qualified Auditor with experience of both internal & Supplier Audits.
* Good IT skills i.e. Word, Excel, SAP.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work under own initiative and under own supervision.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Have a flexible approach to work.
* Demonstrable experience applying Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), process mapping and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
This is an outstanding opportunity for a progressive Quality Engineer to join a thriving business as it enters an exciting period.
Relevant job titles: Quality Technician, Quality Engineer