Quality Engineer. A Storehouse based engineering firm focused on heat treatment and thermal processing services are looking for a Quality Engineer to join the team. The Quality Engineer will manage and control the site Quality Systems, ensuring compliance with Departmental KPI's, liaising with internal colleagues, customers and other outside parties in relation to Quality issues. To support production and process troubleshoot on a daily basis.
The Quality Engineer Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with colleagues control all aspects of the Quality Systems at the Stonehouse Site, and maintain the necessary site approvals to satisfy ISO 9001:2015 and customer specific standards
- To help maintain and direct the company's objectives for continuous improvement and the elimination of waste in our processes.
- To manage the laboratory function on a daily basis with practical hands on involvement.
- To liaise with Engineering / Production Departments to trouble shoot on a daily basis and work towards eliminating sources of non-conformance.
- To maintain and control site calibration records for all test and inspection equipment.
- To control and create all documentation and procedures surrounding the Quality Management System
- To support site ISO14001 management system with practical hands on involvement
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the general upkeep of the working environment.
The Quality Engineer will need:
- A degree
- Direct experience of standard Quality Engineering tools, skills and tasks, e.g. 8D, RCCA, Gauge R&R, 5S, Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Techniques. 6-Sigma would be an advantage.
- Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001 and auditing of those systems.
- Some materials knowledge and experience of standard Metallographic Laboratory techniques is desirable, as is thermal spray experience.
- Engineering experience is desired
- Experience of working and communicating directly with customers.
- Experience of working within the Oil and Gas sector
The Quality Engineer salary is up to £28k + benefits
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business