Reporting to - Operational Quality Manager
- Participate and in some cases lead internal process quality reviews - Support engineering and manufacturing teams by providing analysis and direction for the reduction of cost and incidence of poor quality.
- Manage customer requirements including:
o Customer visits and audits
o Respond and manager customer concerns using structured problem solving tools and reports (8D / Ishikawa / 5 why)
o Visit customers when required.
- Conduct Internal audits
- Support company certification to IATF 16949
- Experienced Quality Engineer in high volume manufacturing processes.
- Practical knowledge of automotive quality systems with a hands on approach.
- Detail orientated, able to read engineering drawings and conduct basic measurements. Experience of using 3D Co-ordinate measurement machines would be preferable.
- Experience of using recognised problem solving tools - 8D, 5 why, Ishikawa, 6 sigma etc.
- Computer Literate - must be able to prepare reports as required.
- Must be self motivated and pro-active in identifying areas of improvements and driving through change.