Our client based in Crosshills, Keighley is looking to recruit a Quality Engineer on a permanent basis.
Working within the Quality Dept, the Quality Engineer will assist with the implementation of the Company’s quality initiatives, as well as will working towards improving an established IS09001 accredited quality management system.
Principle Areas of Accountability:
• To assist with the co-ordination of Quality improvement programmes within the business, helping to develop strategies and standardising approaches to enhance business performance.
• To establish procedures, processes and technologies, ensuring a "right first time" approach and to ensure existing processes and procedures are 'fit for purpose'.
• Supporting a sustainable change culture through conducting reviews of existing processes and procedures, developing and continuously reviewing them.
• To support projects in such a professional and process-oriented way as to ensure the concept and practice of Quality spreads throughout all Functions.
• To benchmark against best in class organisations, providing gap analysis and developing and implementing appropriate value added improvements.
• Encourage and coordinate truly cross-functional teams, ensuring full engagement and involvement of relevant functions and individuals in the delivery of Quality activities.
• Support and sustain the use of FMEAs and other tools and techniques to improve failure rates.
• To ensure a better understanding of the need for Quality to be an integral part of functional responsibility, ensuring lessons are learned effectively, managing and driving sustainable change.
• To work with teams across the business to generate quality reviews and report on related projects.
• To collate and analyse data for decision making.
• To provide development support to suppliers when required.
• Involvement in quality issues and customer complaints, investigating where necessary using root cause analysis, putting corrective and preventative measures in place to stop any repeat concerns.
• Maintenance and development of the Company’s corrective action systems.
• Involvement with the Company’s ISO9001 accredited quality management system including internal/external audits, and moving towards achieving the ISO 9001 : 2015 standard.
Experience & Education:
• Graduate calibre with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a Manufacturing or related discipline.
• Previous experience gained in a similar role in a Manufacturing/Engineering environment.
• Proven experience of working with ISO9001/18001 quality standards and of leading/managing audits.
• Sound understanding of and practicable experience of co-ordinating and initiating improvement activities with 8D / root cause analysis and using CI techniques such as Leading Kaizen/Rapid Improvement Events, 5s, TQM, etc.
• Six Sigma certification such as Green Belt would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience of classroom training delivery and leading Quality training events.
• The ability to think in a logical manner and the ability to solve problems with practical, cost effective solutions.
• Effective communicator with the ability to influence senior management, staff and other stakeholders within the business.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate internal and external priorities and work to deadlines.
This is a permanent, full time position paying £30 - £32 per hour.
- Customer Complaints
- Quality Management