Defence - Manufacturing
Full time permanent - Monday to Friday.
A Fantastic opportunity has become available for a well-established Quality professional playing a pivotal role in ensuring all core quality activities within the operations engineering domain are met, controlled and maintained. The successful candidate will need to support teams in achieving their goals whilst ensuring all quality processes and techniques are appropriately applied.
* Planning, agreeing and implementing quality activities & measures in response to specific and complex project scenarios.
* Identify, communicate and mitigate risks and issues associated to product quality, sharing findings and best practice with colleagues and projects.
* Coach and support the design teams to ensure equipment product lifecycle gates are planned, inputs prepared and conducted, outcomes and actions are progressed.
* Management of associated non-conformities within the business management system.
* Participate in engineering process development and review in line with quality expectations. Participate and deliver in any pertaining assessments and audits.
* Plan and deploy quality focused training to develop quality awareness and competencies within the engineering teams.
* Prepare & publish quality metrics (quality dashboard) to various stakeholders.
* Analyse and suggest how short term corrective actions and trends can be developed into long term improvement actions.
* Proactively developing, coaching, mentoring and supporting a diverse culture that can continually improve.
What's in it for you:
* The opportunity to join and Europe's Number one Missile and Missile system Manufacturer.
* A varied role working across all engineering domains and across the whole product lifecycle.
* Opportunity to work with current and future technologies, processes, products and tools.
* Ownership of quality values and activities within Operations Engineering delivering on multi million pound projects.
* Personal development opportunities with a Times Top 30 company.
* Being part of a multicultural, multidiscipline prime contractor with worldwide presence.
* Opportunity for travel in and around other MBDA locations both national and international.
What's great about this team:
* The Quality Engineering team are embedded into the engineering design domains within the UK but also enjoy being part of the international Quality directorate. Autonomy, trust, respect and pro-activeness are encouraged, with support and direction always available within the team.
* Satisfaction of being part of a team that share common values and commitments and seeing positive results from implementing quality improvements.
What are we looking for:
* Experienced quality professionals, preferably within an mechanical and /or electronics engineering domain.
* Strong ability to identify, plan, lead and follow up activities and actions.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels whilst respecting cultural differences.
* Good analytical skills and detailed understanding of quality techniques, approaches and measurements.
* Sound knowledge of Engineering and Product lifecycles.
* Focused on mentoring and developing others, leading the continued development and sustainment of a quality culture within the Engineering teams.
* Work under your own initiative and be able to demonstrate adaptability, flexibility in carrying out this role.
* Experience in CI coaching & development an advantage
Contact Simon Portway
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job