Quality Engineer - Hertfordshire
Full time permanent
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Quality Engineer based in Hertfordshire.
Following a recent expansion, our Global Defence client is currently looking to expand their team in Hertfordshire. They are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to be responsible for all core activities within the Operations Directorate Engineering domain.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be able to:
* Planning, agreeing and implementing quality activities & measures in response to each project scenario.
* Identify, communicate and mitigate risks and issues associated to product quality.
* Coach the Design Authorities to ensure equipment product lifecycle gates are planned, inputs prepared and conducted, outcomes and actions are progressed.
* Deployment and management of the non-conformance management system.
* Participate in engineering process development and review in line with quality expectations. Manage associated assessments and audits.
* Plan and deploy quality focused training to develop quality competencies within the engineering teams.
* Prepare & publish quality centric metrics (quality dashboard) to various stakeholders.
* Plan how short term corrective actions and trends can be developed into long term improvement actions.
* Within the Electronic Engineering Centres of Excellence that are product focused, provide consolidated feedback and direction on transversal quality aspects.
* Developing a continuous Improvement culture.
This role is a varied role involving all engineering domains across the whole product lifecycle and will also provide the opportunity to work on many variations or products and technologies.
What's in it for you?
* Ownership of quality values and activities within Operations Engineering delivering on multi million pound projects.
* Personal development opportunities.
* Being part of a multicultural, multidiscipline prime contractor with worldwide presence
What we are looking for:
* Experienced quality professionals with broad experience, preferably within an Electronics engineering domain.
* Strong ability to lead activities and actions.
* Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels whilst respecting cultural differences.
* Strong analytical skills and in depth understanding of quality techniques and measurements.
* Sound knowledge of Engineering and Product lifecycles.
* Focused on mentoring and developing others, leading the continued development and sustainment of a quality culture within the Engineering teams.
* Work under your own initiative and be able to demonstrate adaptability, flexibility in carrying out this role.
* Experience in CI coaching & development an advantage.
Contact Simon Portway